The Tessier Law Firm’s mission is to empower our clients to take charge of their most challenging life transitions. We provide empathetic legal counseling services for Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Probate and Administration of Estates, Elder Law and Long-Term Care Planning. We are located in Winter Haven and proudly serve all of Central Florida, including Polk, DeSoto, Hardee, and Highland counties.
What sets us apart? We strive to proactively build strong, long-term relationships to help families through their journeys over time. We provide customized, proactive, and thorough life, estate, and asset protection – not just as a one-time document producer, but a trusted, compassionate legal advisor serving you for years to come. Using state-of-the-art technology, we make it easy for our clients to find us and meet us conveniently on their schedule We offer options for virtual/online meetings and notary signings, in addition to traditional office hours in our Winter Haven office.
About Attorney Denise Tessier
Denise Tessier has been a lawyer for over 25 years, admitted in Massachusetts and Connecticut. For many years, Denise served diligently as in-house counsel for large multinationals, international and start-up operations, rising to General Counsel and Compliance Officer roles. She has extensive expertise in highly complex areas such as global insurance and corporate law, regulatory compliance, and dispute resolution. Now residing in Lake Wales, Florida, she has enthusiastically transitioned her practice to passionately educate and serve her new community on how to protect their children, their families, their legacy and wealth. Her continuous goal is to achieve peace of mind for her clients, whether handling elder concerns or crafting solid estate plans.
Education and Associations
Denise is a graduate of Providence College in Providence, Rhode Island, and Western New England University in Springfield, Massachusetts. in addition to the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, she is an active member of many legal and community organizations including the:
- Estate Planning and Real Property Chapter of the Florida Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Lawyers (NAELA), and Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA)
- American Bar Association, Real Estate, Trust & Estates Section
- Polk County Estate Planning Attorney Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) and American Business Women’s Association (ABWA)
- (Lakeland Chapter) Denise has a particularly strong desire to enable and promote other women-owned businesses, and is a LGBTQ community ally